Warning: Parameter 2 to Rainmaker::rm_custom_search_query_string() expected to be a reference, value given in /home4/wacvwa0abubc/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286
Halloween is in full swing here in DC. Check out this blog post from Beltway Bambinos about the plethora of activities you can get up to. In the meantime, lets recap Boo at The Zoo.
My daughter is below the recommended age range for this event but Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, so we went anyway. Ooey had such a good time she went to bed early, and she’s too young to know that I’m eating all the candy I collected on her behalf, win-win. (The event was sponsored by Mars so they only gave out the good stuff: Twix, Snickers, Milky Ways…)
Here are some pictures of the event. If you haven’t been I highly recommend you put it on your agenda for next year!
- Buy tickets in advance, they sell out.
- Dress up as a family!
- Collect candy at the very end of the night when the lines are shortest (and when the volunteers are the most generous).
- Consider using a light saber or another object that remains lit in the dark, we saw a family put a light saber on their stroller like an antenna and tell their kids to look for it if they get lost. We thought this was a clever idea.
- Take photos of your family before it gets dark!
- They do have meals for purchase, since this event is essentially through dinner time.
- They serve beer at the event.
3001 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20008
Woodley Park Metro station (red line)
They have parking ($20/car)