Maybe it’s just me but fall seems to last a long time in DC. (I’m from New England where fall was the day between summer and winter.) All the better because I wanted to take Ooey on another pumpkin themed adventure.
A friend of mine made reservations for a hayride at Miller Farms. Ooey and I tagged along and had a great time.
Miller Farms puts on a great fall festival. A bounce house, pumpkin tic tac toe, hay bale maze and an obstacle course made of old tires provided lots of ways for a toddler to wear herself out. Also a working farm they grow squash, strawberries and are the largest provider of free range eggs in Maryland.
The free range chickens were highly entertaining to the kids, as were the barnyard animals. The ‘Mighty Ducks’, ‘Dixie Chicks’ and ‘Sir Loin’ the calf were just a few of their other animal buddies.
My favorite part though, pumpkin soft serve ice cream. They had an incredible spread of sweet treats; pumpkin rolls, apple cider donuts, cupcakes, breads and cakes. I can see myself coming back for their strawberry picking!
- 35 minutes from the Navy Yard area of DC
- Reservations are required for hayrides on weekdays (10am-5pm)
- Call 301-399-5442 to set up a reservation
- Cost is $8/adult weekday $9/adult weekend, children under 2 are free
- The fall festivities are to the right and behind their store- follow the signs- you must drive
- They have BBQ and plenty of lunch options
Miller Farms is about 35 minutes from DC, you’ll need to drive.
10140 Piscataway Rd, Clinton, MD 20735
Have fun and let me know if you visit 🙂