Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK! Where did the time go? If you’re spending the holiday in DC, fear not, there’s loads to do. Smithsonian Museums will be open for the holiday and a stroll through the Rock Creek Park is always a good idea.
And while I can’t help you with getting into the pardoning of TOTUS, here’s the hilarious video from last year to get you in a festive mood.
- Work up an appetite by participating in the 15th annual turkey trot 5k downtown.
- Leave your dishes behind and head to the Black Squirrel in Adams Morgan for their no reservations Thanksgiving Buffet. If you want something a little more fancy, reserve a table at Sweet Georgia Browns.
- Visit Mt. Vernon, home of George Washington, and say hello to Aladdin the Camel.
- Celebrate American Indian Heritage Month at the Museum of the American Indian.
- The annual holiday show begins at the United States Botanical Garden.
- Dance your dinner off at the Kennedy Center from 6-9, by enjoying a free swing dance party .
- Zoo Lights at the National Zoo opens for the season, your chance to wander around the zoo after hours and listen to music and do some holiday shopping.
- Sports fan? Check out the hockey game where the Washington Capitals play agains the Buffalo Sabres at the Verizon Center.
Saturday & Sunday
- Baby in one hand, beer in the other. Shop small at DC Brau’s 4th Annual Made in DC Marketplace (Saturday 1-6)
- Scare your kids with your favorite childhood movie, E.T. The Extraterrestrial , shown with live music at the National Symphony Orchestra
- Winner of “Best of DC-Reader’s Choice Award” The Downtown Holiday Market offers live music, treats and of course shopping.
Happy Turkey Day!